Scientific event is dedicated to the 75th Anniversary of the Physics Department of Saratov State University
Enroll the VIII Symposium on optics & biophotonics on September 29 - October 2, 2020 in Saratov, Russia and XXIVInternational school for junior scientists and students on optics, laser physics & biophotonics on September 28 - October 2, 2020 also in Saratov, Russia.
Co-located: “Towards optical and multimodality translational imaging”on September 29 - October 2, 2020 in Saratov, Russia.
SFM-2020 includes Chinese-Russian workshop on biophotonics and biomedical optics-2020 on 28-29th of September.
The scientific program of VIII International Symposium on Optics and Biophotonics
The scientific program includes, but is not limited to the following topics:
Optical technologies in biophysics and medicine;
- Migration of photons in tissue;
- Diffuse-wave and correlation spectroscopy of tissues;
- Spectrophotometry, fluorescence and Raman spectroscopy of tissues;
- Static and dynamic light scattering in tissues;
- Coherent optical methods for medical diagnostics;
- Coherent microscopy of cells and tissues;
- Optical diffusion and coherent medical topography and tomography;
- Laser Doppler measuring systems for medicine and biology;
- Full-field speckle-correlation biomedical technologies;
- Optical methods for measuring bio-vibration;
- Optical polarimetric methods for the study of tissues and cell structures;
- Photothermal and photoacoustic methods for tissue diagnosis;
- Optical biopsy;
- Optical microelastography of tissues;
- Osmotic effects and optical monitoring of diffusion of substances into tissues;
- Optical enlightenment of tissues and blood;
- Optical glucose detection;
- Laser and optical technologies in microbiology;
- Designing fabric phantoms;
- Photochemical, photothermal and photobiological effects, phototherapy mechanisms;
- High-energy laser interactions with cells and tissues, methods of laser surgery;
- Lasers and optical technologies in dermatology, ophthalmology, gynecology, cardiology, dentistry, etc.;
- Microchannel and photonic crystal technologies in biology and medicine;
- Mathematical modeling of biochemical and physiological processes;
- Advanced time series analysis for biomedical applications;
- Computational neuroscience;
- Dynamic patterns in experimental physiology;
- Computational technologies in biomedical data processing;
- Measures of complexity, pairing and rhythm detection techniques;
Microscopic and Low Coherent Methods in Biomedical and Non-Biomedical Applications
- Spectral characteristics of nanoparticles and nanostructures used in optical diagnostics and theranostics;
- Spectroscopic aspects of optical biopsy;
- Nano- and molecular probes;
- Laser spectroscopy of biological objects and biomaterials;
- Spectroscopic methods of environmental monitoring;
- “Pitfalls” in spectroscopic measurements and ways to get around them;
- In vivo and in vitro measurements;
- Spectroscopy of random and ordered media;
- Polarization spectroscopy;
- Spectroscopic measurements on tissue phantoms.
New Materials for Optics and Biophotonics
Within this section, reports will be presented on the latest achievements in the development of new biocompatible materials with unique optical properties for medical instruments used for diagnosis, treatment and implantation. The current issues of tissue transplantation, physics of colloidal systems and 3D bioprinting will also be discussed.
Spectroscopy and Molecular Modeling
- IR spectroscopy;
- Raman spectroscopy;
- Fluorescence spectroscopy;
- Atomic spectroscopy;
- Molecular modeling (methodological aspects and applications).
Laser Physics and Photonics
- Physical processes in lasers, dynamics of laser systems;
- Optical waveguides, fiber optics, optical networks;
- Photonic crystals;
- Propagation of laser beams and pulses, optics of ultrafast processes;
- Interaction of laser radiation with matter, nonlinear optics;
- Quantum optics, photon statistics;
- Photonics of low-dimensional structures;
- Laser spectroscopy;
- Coherence and holography;
- The main goal of the conference is to attract young scientists and students to research in the field of the latest achievements in laser physics and photonics, including their applications.
Learn more about scientific program on the official site of the conference
The Chair of Saratov Fall Meeting-2020 is prof. Valery V. Tuchin.
Prof. Valery V. Tuchin
SFM-2020 in Social media
Organisators will be pleased to meet you at the SFM-2020.
More details on official web-site.